The temperatures are rising here in Cyprus and cold soups can do wonders for refreshing in this hot weather. Great as a light lunch or a fresh appetizer … Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups strained/Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 small cucumber (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 heaped tsp dried mint
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
Avocado mint cream
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1.5 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- Pinch of paprika
- Peel and deseed cucumbers and dice them - when diced they should be about 3/4 cup.
- Put cucumbers, 1 3/4 cup strained yogurt, 1/2 cup cold water (you can add more depending on your preference), Colive oil, lemon juice, peeled garlic cloves, salt and dried mint into the blender and pulse to desired consistency. We left them a little bit chunky. Pour this mixture into a bowl.
- Once the blender is emptied out. Put diced or mashed 1/4 avocado into the blender with 1/4 cup yogurt, 2 tbsp cold water and 2 fresh mint leaves and blend at full speed until you get a creamy green paste.
- Use this creamy paste to decorate your cold soup and to add a creamy dense layer.
- If you wish, you can refrigerate for a few hours before you serve as they are best served chilled. This will give it a smoother taste as well.
- Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with Colive oil right before you serve.