A little taste of Cyprus for your wine platter. This heavenly combination of sweet and salty is guaranteed to be a hit.
For halloumi bites
- 1/2 halloumi 6 tbsp sesame seeds (approx.)
- 2 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the loquat butter
- 500 g loquat fruits
- 2/3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Peel and deseed loquat fruits and cut them into halves.
- Place them in a saucepan and add water. Water should be enough to just cover the loquats.
- Bring to boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat and let loquats simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water, place them in a blender and blend to desired consistency. We made ours smooth.
- Return the loquat puree to a saucepan and mix in the honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Use medium heat and don’t forget to mix from time to time until the mixture thickens. This should take around 15 min.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl to serve.
- Cut halloumi to the desired shape. We cut them into halloumi fingers.
- Put the sesame seeds onto a plate and press all sides of halloumi hard into the sesame seeds so they stick onto the halloumi bite.
- Heat 2 tbsp of Colive oil in a pan and brown sesame coated halloumi bites in the pan. Don’t forget to flip them over so both sides are cooked equally. Serve them with loquat butter.