1 small cauliflower
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp Colive oil
Big pinch of the following spices: Black Pepper, Aleppo Pepper or Chili Flakes, Ginger, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Oregano
For the sauce
2 tbsp tahini
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp Colive oil
Nigella seeds to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Clean the leaves and wash the cauliflower well.
3. In a pan, mix enough water with 1 tbsp apple cider and boil over medium heat.
4. Once it is boiling, put the cauliflower head first into the pot and let it boil for 10 minutes.
5. Remove cauliflower from the pan and put it in a parchment lined oven tray.
6. In a small bowl put all the spaces together.
7. Pour Colive oil and soy sauce onto the cauliflower and rub to make sure it is evenly covered. Sprinkle with the spice mixture on both sides.
8. Place in the oven and cook for around 40 minutes. Don’t forget to flip the cauliflower over half way through.
9. Put 2 tbsp tahini in a small bowl. Slowly add 2 tbsp of warm water and juice of half a lemon. Mix and combine well. Then add 1 tbsp Colive oil and mix again.
10. Once your cauliflower is out of the oven and ready, let it cool for a few minutes. Cover with the sauce, sprinkle with nigella seeds and serve warm.
This recipe looks gloriously fluffy and cauli-tahini combination is so yum! It would make a great appetizer.