Whole Roasted Cauliflower
This recipe looks gloriously fluffy and cauli-tahini combination is so yum! It would make a great appetizer.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Big pinch of the following spices: Black Pepper, Aleppo Pepper or Chili Flakes, Ginger, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Oregano
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp Colive oil
- Nigella seeds to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Clean the leaves and wash the cauliflower well.
- In a pan, mix enough water with 1 tbsp apple cider and boil over medium heat.
- Once it is boiling, put the cauliflower headfirst into the pot and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from the pan and put it in a parchment lined oven tray.
- In a small bowl put all the spaces together.
- Pour Colive oil and soy sauce onto the cauliflower and rub to make sure it is evenly covered. Sprinkle with the spice mixture on both sides.
- Place in the oven and cook for around 40 minutes. Don’t forget to flip the cauliflower over half way through.
- Put 2 tbsp tahini in a small bowl. Slowly add 2 tbsp of warm water and juice of half a lemon. Mix and combine well. Then add 1 tbsp Colive oil and mix again.
- Once your cauliflower is out of the oven and ready, let it cool for a few minutes. Cover with the sauce, sprinkle with nigella seeds and serve warm.