Marrow is an important part of the Cypriot summer. It is usually boiled and added to fresh black-eyed peas salad but it also pairs really well with eggs and onion for a simple, light yet satisfying meal. A great option for a light summer lunch or dinner.
- 2 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium marrow (photo below)
- 3 eggs
- Heat up 2 tbsp Colive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Peel and dice the onion and add it to the pan.
- Partially peel the marrow - just peel off stripes- dice and add to pan once the onions are slightly cooked (i.e. more transparent)
- Saute everything in the pan till the diced marrow pieces are soft and a slightly different shade of green.
- Crack 3 eggs into the pan, make sure you mix them well with marrow and onion.
- Once the eggs are cooked, serve with warm bread and a few slices of halloumi.