Cheese and Vinegar Oven Fries
The best way to wrap up the weekend: a cold drink and a bowl of these tasty fries! They have just the right amount of crisp; you won’t believe that they are oven-baked.
- 3/4 cup white or malt vinegar
- 2 cups water (or a bit more)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (or similar)
- Wash and brush potatoes to make sure they are free of any soil and dirt as we won’t peel them.
- Cut potatoes into 1 cm thick sticks.
- Place them in a pan and add the vinegar. Add 2 cups of water or more to cover the potato sticks.
- Close the lid and put them over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn the heat off but leave the potato sticks in vinegary water for 10 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Drain the potatoes and place them onto the oven tray.
- Pour cornflour, olive oil, salt, and pepper over the wedges and mix with your hands making sure all of them are covered.
- Bake them for 45 minutes, don’t forget to turn them over halfway through.
- Sprinkle them with grated cheese of your preference and leave them in the heat of the oven for a few minutes so the cheese will soften and melt.