A seasonal and colourful dip; you could enjoy it as a meze or even use it as a salad dressing!
- 2 medium-sized beetroots
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice of a medium lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional: some to drizzle)
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Pomegranate molasses to drizzle (optional)
- Finely chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
- Peel and boil beetroots until they are soft and tender.
- While the beetroots are boiling, finely chop your garlic cloves and put them in a bowl.
- Add your tahini and salt to the same bowl.
- Start slowly adding and mixing in the lemon juice.
- Once the beetroots are ready, chop them into the bowl; use a hand blender to combine and create a smooth purple paste.
- Then slowly add your Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil to this paste and stir.
- Put it in a serving bowl, drizzle with more Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil and some pomegranate molasses. Garnish with a little chopped parsley and enjoy with some toasted bread or crunchy breadsticks...