The perfect crispy snack for these sunny afternoons - summer is just around the corner!
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/3 cup Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt (more if you like)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- poppy seeds (to sprinkle)
- Cover red lentils (1 cup) with water and soak for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the water and transfer red lentils into a food processor.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Add everything else (garlic, Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil, tomato puree, cumin, salt, black pepper ) to the food processor except poppy seeds.
- Process until you have a smooth paste-like mixture.
- Spread this mixture evenly on baking parchment (ours had a medium thickness - the thinner you spread it, the crispier the result will be)
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.