A smell and a taste most Cypriots recognize from their childhood days...
- 3/4 cup grated halloumi
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1 egg
- thick slices of bread( we used sourdough) -
- Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to brush and drizzle)
- sliced tomato (to top)
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Mix dried mint with grated halloumi
- Break one egg into the halloumi mint mix and mix well. It shouldn't be a liquid mixture as the halloumi ratio should be higher.
- Lightly brush bread slices with Colive oil.
- Spread egg halloumi mint mixture on bread slices.
- Place them in a baking tray and put in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes (you can just use the top element if you prefer) Watch them carefully as they might burn quickly.
- Serve with a slice of tomato on top & drizzle with some Colive oil.
They would be perfect for breakfast and brunch and very easy to prepare.