Cypriot Eggy Bread
A smell and a taste most Cypriots recognize from their childhood days...
- 3/4 cup grated halloumi
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1 egg
- thick slices of bread( we used sourdough) -
- Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to brush and drizzle)
- sliced tomato (to top)
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Mix dried mint with grated halloumi
- Break one egg into the halloumi mint mix and mix well. It shouldn't be a liquid mixture as the halloumi ratio should be higher.
- Lightly brush bread slices with Colive oil.
- Spread egg halloumi mint mixture on bread slices.
- Place them in a baking tray and put in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes (you can just use the top element if you prefer) Watch them carefully as they might burn quickly.
- Serve with a slice of tomato on top & drizzle with some Colive oil.
They would be perfect for breakfast and brunch and very easy to prepare.
Falafel Tacos with Olive Oil Sauce
In this fusion dish, classic Middle Eastern falafels are tucked into a soft corn tortilla and topped with a tangy olive oil sauce drizzle. The sauce is made by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of sea salt. This dish is a delicious twist on traditional tacos and is sure to impress.
Cauliflower Breakfast Bake
Cheesy & eggy. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside.
Crispy Baked Onion Rings
Crispy baked onion rings bursting with Cypriot flavours.