Guest Recipe: Health Curious Nation Kale Chips
- 1 Bunch Kale, approximately 150g when stalks have been removed
- 2 tsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove the kale leaves from the chewy stalks and discard the stalks. Wash the leaves and dry them thoroughly, removing all water to avoid soggy crisps!
- Place dried leaves in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice. Massage well to ensure all leaves are coated. Now add the garlic and sea salt and massage again to season evenly.
- Arrange the kale on baking trays so that no leaves are overlapping. You may need to do this in batches.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning half way through. Keep an eye on them in the last 5 minutes to avoid over browning.
- Allow to cool as they will crisp up further and top with more sea salt if desired.
Recipe and photography credit: @healthcuriousnation
Cat is the recipe developer and healthy food enthusiast behind the blog Health Curious Nation. She is fascinated by nutrition and aims to make healthy food accessible to all through creating simple yet tasty recipes.
You can discover more of her healthy recipes on Instagram @healthcuriousnation