Perfect for those lazy Sunday brunches. Full of flavor and oh so cream...
- 1 large onion, grated or chopped
- 3 large juicy tomatoes, grated or chopped
- 2 long green peppers, sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus some to drizzle)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp tomato paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Some black olives (optional)
- Deseed and slice your peppers. Put a pan over medium heat and add 1/2 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sautée peppers for 1- 2 minutes until they turn a bright green (see photo below). Take them out of the pan and set aside for later.
- Grate or chop one onion ( if you want a smooth finish: grate. If you want a more chunky finish: chop), add 2 tbsp of Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your pan over medium heat again and sauté onion in olive oil.
- Once the onions are somewhat transparent and soft, grate or chop (again grate for smooth and chop for chunky finish) 2 large tomatoes and add them to the pan. If you want a strong tomato flavour, also add 1 tsp tomato paste. Add salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Cook until half of the tomato juice has evaporated then crack your eggs.
- Once the transparent white of your cracked eggs starts to solidify, add 2 tbsp milk and start to scramble the eggs in the tomato sauce.
- Once your eggs are almost cooked, add your green peppers to the pan for the last minute of cooking. You can also add a few black olives.
- Serve with warm pitta or warm crusty bread.