Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Olive Oil
Indulgent fluffiness, just what you need to treat yourself during Veganuary...
- 100 g dark chocolate (we used 80% cocoa vegan chocolate)
- 160 ml aquafaba (drained water from 450g can of chickpeas)
- 30 ml Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 tbs)
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 medium round oranges
- Wash the oranges and cut their top off to empty out its fleshy content. You can use these tips to decorate your cups later.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Add sugar and salt to aquafaba and beat till the mixture is fluffy and stiff.
- Once the chocolate has melted, mix in the orange zest and olive oil slowly and stir thoroughly to ensure they are fully combined.
- Start slowly adding fluffy aquafaba mixture to the chocolate mixture, combine using a metal spoon and a folding movement. Be careful not to over mix as we would like it to preserve its airy texture.
- Divide the mixture between 4 orange cups.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before you enjoy it.
Important note: If you are not planning to consume them in 24 hours, it might be a better idea to use Colive bowls for serving the mousse. Wiping the outside of orange cups with diluted apple cider vinegar would help them last longer.