These crispy baked chickpea croutons make a low carb and gluten-free alternative to bread croutons.
- 3 cups chickpeas (drained from can or soaked in water overnight take the skins off and pat them dry to ensure crispiness)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp seasoning (We used curry powder but it is up to you. Rosemary and garlic powder is also a good combination ;) Depending on seasoning you can need more than 1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 200c
- In a bowl, mix Colive oil, lemon juice, salt and seasoning with chickpeas. Mix and combine well.
- Place them on a baking parchment-lined tray and put them in the oven.
- Bake for around 45 minutes. Check them occasionally and stir.