Olive Oil Bread with Halloumi Cheese and Hemp Seeds
A savory lifesaver; it is nice and moist due to olive oil and yogurt. Ideal for breakfast or some tea time snack.
1 halloumi cheese ( usually 200g or 250g)
4 eggs (at room temperature)
1 cup of milk
1 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 cup fresh mint ( or 2 tbs dried mint)
3.5 to 4 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp hemp seeds
Sesame and nigella seeds to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 180c and lightly grease your ring pan with olive oil and sprinkle it with a bit flour
- Start by whisking the eggs together in a bowl.
- Add all the liquids (milk, yogurt and Colive oil) one by one to whisked eggs. Mix to ensure everything combines well.
- Once all the liquids are combined, add baking powder.
- Start adding flour one cup at a time. Add a cup, mix and combine well then add the other cup. After 4 cups of flour, the mixture should have a thick consistency.
- Add hemp seeds to this thick mixture.
- Grate or cut the halloumi cheese into cubes and mix with mint.
- Slowly add this mixture to thick bread/cake mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your ring pan and sprinkle with some sesame and nigella seeds.
- Bake in the oven for around 1 hour.