1 halloumi cheese ( usually 200g or 250g)
4 eggs (at room temperature)
1 cup of milk
1 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup Colive oil
3/4 cup fresh mint ( or 2 tbs dried mint)
3.5 to 4 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp hemp seeds
Sesame and nigella seeds to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat your oven to 180c and lightly grease your ring pan with olive oil and sprinkle it with a bit flour
2. Start by whisking the eggs together in a bowl.
3. Add all the liquids (milk, yogurt and Colive oil) one by one to whisked eggs. Mix to ensure everything combines well.
4. Once all the liquids are combined, add baking powder.
5. Start adding flour one cup at a time. Add a cup, mix and combine well then add the other cup. After 4 cups of flour, the mixture should have a thick consistency.
6. Add hemp seeds to this thick mixture.
7. Grate or cut the halloumi cheese into cubes and mix with mint.
8. Slowly add this mixture to thick bread/cake mixture and mix well.
9. Pour the mixture into your ring pan and sprinkle with some sesame and nigella seeds.
10. Bake in the oven for around 1 hour.
This recipe is very easy to put together and it is a great savory lifesaver. It is nice and moist due to olive oil and yogurt. Ideal for breakfast or some tea time snack.