2 medium sweet potatoes
3 tbsp Colive oil
3 tbsp tahini
1 garlic clove, minced
Pinch of cumin
4 garlic cloves minced
1/8 tsp sea salt (more if desired)
1/8 tsp black pepper (more if desired)
Seeds and fresh coriander to sprinkle (we used nigella seeds)
1. Preheat your oven to 200 C.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into 1” slices
3. Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper
4. Brush both sides of sweet potatoes with this mixture and place them on a parchment-lined oven tray.
5. Bake them in the oven 20 to 30 minutes. Don’t forget to turn them over halfway.
6. Mash half an avocado and mix with 3 tbsp tahini and minced garlic clove. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime to the mixture. Finally add a pinch of cumin, 1/8 tsp sea salt, and 1/8 tsp black pepper. If you fancy, you can add more.
7. Take sweet potatoes out of the oven, put the spread on top. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and seeds as desired and enjoy!
Breakfast, lunch or dinner? You can have this vegan recipe anytime! Tahini, avocado and sweet potato compliments each other so nicely; a true taste explosion in your mouth.