Baked Sweet Potato with Avocado Tahini Spread
Breakfast, lunch or dinner? You can have this vegan recipe anytime! Tahini, avocado and sweet potato compliments each other so nicely; a true taste explosion in your mouth.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of cumin
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (more if desired)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (more if desired)
- Seeds and fresh coriander to sprinkle (we used nigella seeds)
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1” slices
- Mix 2 tbsp Colive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Brush both sides of sweet potatoes with this mixture and place them on a parchment-lined oven tray.
- Bake them in the oven 20 to 30 minutes. Don’t forget to turn them over halfway.
- Mash half an avocado and mix with 3 tbsp tahini and minced garlic clove. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime to the mixture. Finally add a pinch of cumin, 1/8 tsp sea salt, and 1/8 tsp black pepper. If you fancy, you can add more.
- Take sweet potatoes out of the oven, put the spread on top. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and seeds as desired and enjoy!