When the word 'meze' is uttered, Tzatziki is one of the first mezes that comes to mind. This one comes with a small twist
- 1 cup strained/Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, deseeded and partially peeled (in stripes)
- 1 medium pickled gherkin or cucumber
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice (could be replaced with white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp Colive Extra Virgin Olive Oil + some to drizzle
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried mint + some to sprinkle on top
- Mixed yogurt with crushed garlic cloves and set aside. If you have time you might want to do this way in advance as the longer the garlic stays in yogurt, the smoother the taste will be.
- Coarsely grate your deseeded cucumber and gherkin pickle. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and place them in a sieve. You can gently press with a spoon to get rid of the excess water or you can place a plate on top. Allow them to drain for a while.
- Add grated cucumber, gherkin and Colive oil to the yogurt-garlic mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add salt and dried mint and mix thoroughly again.
- Sprinkle some dried mint on top and drizzle with your Colive oil.
- Serve with warm bread or our crispy-licious pitta chips